I recently posted my 1000th blog. I figure this puts me in a good position to share a few ideas that might help you if you’re starting out or want to extend things a little.
1. If you’re just getting started…
here’s how to start a blog.
Just get into the mosh pit. It doesn’t matter where. Just be in there. It’ll be messy. Everyone will forgive you, though. Then piece things together as you go, build, layers, learn from working out the problems. Don’t panic that you’re getting it wrong. Continue. This is the new frontier.
2. If you’ve been blogging for a while, here’s a podcast I did with Srinivas Rao of Blogcast FM on how to develop your blog voice.
I cover off:
- The foundations of traditional journalism
- The power of including your personal story in your content
- Why the message is more important than the medium
- Keys to studying another writer’s style
- Developing a message and a voice that’s authoritative
3. If you want to get more polish….
join Problogger Community.
This is a community for bloggers at any level where you can learn directly from some world-renowned full-time bloggers and meet, get advice from and collaborate with other bloggers around the world.