How’s this. I post about how tough it is to eat breakfast when you’re on this sugar-free challenge. And hello! I’m emailed this rippa recipe. Randomly.
I met Samantha Gowing randomly a year or so ago. She’s a therapeutic chef who travels the world creating “Surf Spa Cuisine” for luxury hotels and spas. This is her “Emperor’s breakfast”…fit for kings.
Red quinoa with goji berries, macadamias and vanilla
- 1 cup red quinoa (plain is fine too…remember to rinse well!!!!)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped. Or almonds.
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries (which contain sugar…but not so much)
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cinnamon
- ½ lime, juice only
- Yoghurt for serving if desired
Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water until boiling. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
Transfer cooked quinoa to a mixing bowl, add goji berries, macadamia nuts, vanilla seeds, chia, ginger and cinnamon
Spoon into serving bowls, add a squeeze of lime and your favourite yoghurt
*Quinoa cooking tip: If all the water has not been absorbed, cover pot with a tea towel then place lid on top. The remaining moisture will dry, leaving lovely, fluffy quinoa